I am an experienced manager with extensive product, analyst and software development experience.
I have a strong technical background building software for mission critical environments like health, manufacturing and building automation.
As an analyst and product designer I use my technical and domain expertise to design innovative solutions to complex problems and guide both business and technical decisions from boardroom level to day to day operations.
I am a senior member of the team at Covidence. Covidence leads the world in systematic review software and is used by a large number of worlds leading research organisations inlclude the World Health Organisation.
I am responsible for the design and implementation of Clintel Systems clinical software product CareRight. CareRight is a fully integrated patient administration, medical records and billing systems for medical specialists and private hospitals. Direct integration for Medicare / Health Fund claiming systems.
Initially employed as the Development Manager I was responsible for the software development team and was technical lead during the amalgamation of three different products to create the current generation of software.
The role evolved to become the Product Manager as an umbrella role overseeing product development and professional services delivery. I was lead consultant on all large client installations driving the changes to the product as required and designing solutions, both software and business to meet all stakeholder needs.
A key component of the product offering was an integration API middleware to enable clients to provide integration with corporate systems.
I worked on a range of internal and external facing applications built and maintained for the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research).
Data is aggregated from various source systems in the university compromising millions of rows of data spanning decades of use. Extensive use of Oracle PL/SQL.
- Technical Lead on major project with multiple developers.
- Onboarding and training of new developers.
- Technical and Business Analyst role on projects.
- Consistent delivery of requirements on time.
Develop a C-Bus OPC Server for Clipsal’s C-Bus Building Automation System. This is a highly scalable, multi-threaded, DCOM messaging server built around the OPC Industrial Automation protocol.
Develop end user software for commissioning the C-Bus Lighting Control systems. Involving the development of both serial and ethernet implementations of Clipsal’s proprietary communications protocols.
- Develop a modular architecture to allow the easy inclusion of the dozens of different hardware products managed by the system.
- Work closely with Clipsal Sales & Marketing to identify and develop features.
- Identify root causes of system issues on large installations using low level packet capturing and analysis. (e.g. Melbourne Cricket Ground MCG)
Develop supervisory control and data acquisition systems for industrial machinery and production lines. Used a broad range of languages and products to deliver manufacturing control systems, Business Information Systems and traffic management systems.
Extensive use of Citect SCADA and Borland Delphi. Integration of complex systems involving machine control and communication protocol implementations. High availability environment of mission critical systems.
- Lead software developer on project involved immovable deadlines co-ordinating machinery, software, engineering and civil works.
- Develop very robust fault tolerant systems.